General packing list 2017
(We’ll update the list for 2018, but expect it to look very similar to this one.)
- A dish for Friday evening’s potluck.
- Snacks to contribute to the communal snack table.
- Layers! At the moment it looks like the weather for ESS 2017 may be as low as the 50s at night, and 80s during the day, but June in New Hampshire can be unpredictable.
- Rain gear (currently, some rain does look likely on Friday and Saturday).
- Sunscreen/insect repellent. **We strongly encourage you to be proactive about tick prevention, and bring not only insect repellant, but also long garments for times when you may be out in the woods or tall grass.**
- Bathing suits and towels.
- A tent, if you’re planning on tenting.
- Sleeping bag/bedding for tent and cabin alike. Remember that the cabins are uninsulated, so prepare for cold nights.
- Headlamp or flashlight.
- Water bottle.
- A blanket or camp chair for sitting on the ground.
- A pen and a notebook, because more likely than not, you’re going to want to take down some notes about something you learn over the weekend.
- Materials for any workshops you are teaching.
- Materials you might need for workshops you are planning on attending (see list below).
- Musical instruments, dance shoes, board games, hammocks, stories, or anything else you might want for evenings or other down-time.
- Your wonderful selves, your bright smiles, and your village-building attitudes!
Workshop packing list 2017
Some of this year’s skills involve extra supplies that you’ll want to bring from home. Here’s a list to help with packing:
- Add your own Back Pocket Games to those Sonja B will be sharing.
- Bring binoculars (if you have them) to do some Birding with Cedar S.
- BYOKnife for Carving with Sophi V.
- Bring a leather belt and ceramic mug too for Sharpening Knives with Hollis E..
- BYOMason jar (with lid) for Hollis’s Kombucha workshop.
- Bring a photo or memory to share in conversations about death in Quena C’s Crossing the Bar workshop.
- Small jars and lip-balm tubes will come in handy for Dana D-Y’s Homemade Lip Balm, Salve and Hand Cream/Lotion. Bring your favorite essential oil if you like too!
- Bring hole-y garments, and let Hannah P showing you all about Mending As Art.
- To get to the Next Level with Excel, bring your computer and Sarah P will show where it’s at.
- Pack your yoga mat for Yoga with Chelsea F and/or Gabriella D-C!
- Hoping to do some Individualized Financial Coaching with Jasmine W? You might want to bring along some relevant documents.
- If you own a hand saw, hammer, tape measure, or speed square, please bring them for the Carpentry workshop with Ethan H-W.
- Bring instruments or objects that make noise for Anna P’s Music Improv: Cobra! workshop