General packing list 2018
- A dish for Friday evening’s potluck.
- Snacks to contribute to the communal snack table (please bring snacks that do not require refrigeration).
- Layers! The cabins are unheated and June in New Hampshire can be unpredictable. Expect temps as low as the 50s at night and 80s during the day,
- Rain gear.
- Sunscreen/insect repellent. **We strongly encourage you to be proactive about tick prevention, and bring not only insect repellant, but also long garments for times when you may be out in the woods or tall grass.**
- Bathing suits and towels.
- A tent, if you’re planning on tenting.
- Sleeping bag/bedding for tent and cabin alike. Cot mattresses are provided. Remember that the cabins are uninsulated, so prepare for cold nights.
- Headlamp or flashlight.
- Water bottle.
- A blanket or camp chair for sitting on the ground.
- A pen and a notebook, because more likely than not, you’re going to want to take down some notes about something you learn over the weekend.
- Materials for any workshops you are teaching.
- Materials you might need for workshops you are planning on attending (see list below).
- Musical instruments, dance shoes, board games, hammocks, stories, or anything else you might want for evenings or other down-time.
- Your wonderful selves, your bright smiles, and your village-building attitudes!
Workshop packing list 2018
Some of this year’s skills involve extra supplies that you’ll want to bring from home. Here’s a list to help with packing:
- Footwear you feel comfortable hiking/walking/playing games in for outdoor workshops.
- A bowtie and/or fitted sheet for Sarah P’s How to Tie a Bowtie and Fold a Fitted Sheet workshop.
- Binoculars or telescope for William’s Stargazing workshop.
- Laptop/tablet and smartphone for Adam’s Mapping workshop.
- A favorite simple song for Dana’s How To Lead A Song workshop.
- A favorite ingredient for Jadrian’s Salad! And Salad Dressing workshop.
- Your fiddle/violin for Cedar’s one-on-one music lessons.
- Walkie-talkies, headlamps, and mountaineering props for Noah’s live-action role-playing game, The Climb.