This is from June 2022. We thoughtfully change the covid policy close to the event so that we may balance current covid realities with our ideals of safety. We will communicate up to date covid policies with registered attendees as they firm up or change.
Our policy this year is similar to the one we used last fall.
We ask that you:
- Be vaccinated, unless you are a child under the age of five.
- Receive a negative test just prior to skill swap.*
- Stay home if someone you are a close contact to has Covid (e.g. a member of your household).
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- If you live in a state which provides free tests, and are able, bring extra tests with you to share with others!
- Bring a mask with you, and wear it if requested.
*We know that testing protocols vary by state. If you are able to get a PCR test within 48 hours of ESS, that is wonderful. If not, we will ask that you take a rapid test upon arrival. We’ll add more information closer to the event with some state-by-state info about testing.
- Pay attention to Covid case numbers and wastewater data in the Northeast and make changes to our plans as needed.
- Make sure there are rapid tests for anyone who needs one upon arrival or throughout the weekend.
- Work to make sure that activities happen in well-ventilated spaces wherever possible.
- Help folks distribute sleeping arrangements (cabins, tenting space, and indoor bedrooms) so that everyone is comfortable. You can indicate your preferences on the registration form. Feel free to email us if you have any questions about available facilities.