Dear Epic Skill Swappers,
Happy new year! Your ESS organizing committee had a very productive retreat in December, and we identified a few items that we’d love some community help with:
- Telling our story: We’d like to profile a handful of ESS attendees about who you are and why you come to Skill Swap. We are also looking for someone to take on the task of coordinating, collecting, and editing these short profiles, with support from the ESS organizers. If you are interested in being profiled, or if you’d like to be Storytelling Coordinator for this project, let us know.
- Tips for workshop leaders: We are working on developing more robust resources for attendees on how to lead a good workshop at ESS. If you’ve led a workshop, we want your tips! What do you wish you had known before you led your workshop? What parts were most successful
- More hands to make light work: We could use a few more folks to help us plan, organize, and make ESS 2017 happen. We’re looking for folks to take on smaller, specific tasks (like coordinating carpools) as well as folks to join the core organizing team.
If you can help out with any of these tasks, send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
And in case you missed it, here are the dates for Epic Skill Swap 2017. Mark your calendars!
- Weekend A: May 26–29, 2017
- Weekend B: June 9–12, 2017
With epic love and hope for the new year,
Your ESS 2017 Organizing Team
Alison, Annie, Dana, Eric, Ethan, Marvin, Meghan, and Onnie